Facebook Group Rules
Blue Heart Community Groups are Facebook groups targeted at bringing local community members together. Our philosophy is built around strengthening communities through constructive discussions and providing tools to support local businesses. Blue Heart Communities Groups are represented through“I Love” suburban groups that are visually associated through the Blue Heart Logo.
The general outline of the group is the below:
- Inform community members of location related issues
- Seek help
- Share advice
- Be Kind always!
- Unite the community against important issues
- Sell unwanted goods
- Provide a platform for local job seekers or recruiters. We don’t allow job seekers to post but always allow job opportunities. Job seekers may Post on the BHC: Jobs Group
- Lost and Found
- Be supportive of local business providers
- No racism of any kind.
- We do not tolerate any abuse to our members and as such, will result in deletion of the post/comments and if repeated, the member will be banned from using this group.
- No Sexual content of any nature. We do not allow posts or comments that are pornographic, obscene, indecent, lewd or suggestive;
- We do not allow any scamming, counterfeit and fraudulent products or services.
- We do not allow free advertising on our groups. This is to ensure our groups remain clean and spam free and to ensure that the businesses that are advertising are relevant to your area. ALL promoting of businesses and products for sale need to be within a 6km proximity of the suburban hub or your post will not be approved. Please note your business needs to be listed on our website(s) in order to advertise on a group. See Links to sign up: (ILF) https://ilovefourways.co.za/signup/ (BHC) https://blueheart.africa/signup/
- You may not sell animals of any kind. This is against the Facebook Community Standards and is strictly prohibited by Facebook.
- You may not sell Alcohol of any kind unless you have the legal right to distribute.
- You may not sell illegal, prescription or recreational drugs of any kind (This includes stimulants, supplements and enhancers)
- You may not sell weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
- Do not contact members directly by private message unless you have been given permission by the member to do so.
- Do not contact the administrators or moderators directly. All queries must be submitted at our contact us here page.
- We do not allow any political party advertising or general political posts.
- We do not allow any posts promoting churches or religion.
- We do not allow posts or comments that are unlawful, defamatory, harassing, threatening, abusive, discriminatory, racist, sexist, homophobic or comments which would otherwise constitute hate speech;
- We do not allow posts or comments that may infringe any intellectual property right of any party;
- We do not allow posts or comments that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offence;
- We do not allow posts or comments that are invasive of privacy or publicity rights, disclose personal information of any third party(such as contact details);
- We do not allow posts or comments that constitute unsolicited promotions, advertising, contests, solicitations or comments which repeatedly post the same or similar message(spam);
- We do not allow posts or comments that are unrelated to the topic or contain links to other websites.
- We do not allow the sharing of other groups or pages on the BHC platforms.
- An individual may not belong to more than 6 Blue Heart Communities Groups in order to avoid group spamming and false advertising...Please ensure you select the areas to be within a 6km radius of where you work and or live to avoid being removed from all groups.
- We do not allow the “Hijacking” of posts. Comments in posts must be on topic and relevant to the post. Please do not post your opinion unless they are helpful, relevant and kind.
- We do not allow bullying of any kind. Any members that are seen or reported too admins for bullying will be removed.
- Medical - We are not Healthcare professionals and therefor cannot allow posts asking for medical advice. Please contact your local GP or hospital for advice. Please understand that misinformation on this platform could lead to serious complications or death which we could be held liable for and therefor we cannot allow such posts.
- Financial - Only registered financial service providers are allowed to list their business and advertise on the BHC groups. We reserve the right to cancel any listing we feel does not withstand to our group standards.
- Charities, BackaBuddy/GoFundMe - only charities that are registered institutions and are relevant to the specific group will be allowed. Please contact us for approval.
- Market Research, Polls and Surveys - Please note that all Market research, polls and surveys that are conducted on the Blue Heart Communities groups needs to be approved by admins to ensure the protection of information on our groups.
- Free to a Good Home Group rule - Unfortunately we do not allow any“free to a good home posts”. Rehoming of any animal must be done through a reputable institution like the SPCA or other rescue shelters or organisations. This is due to the alarming amount of animal baiting. We ensure that proper home checks are done for any animals that are re-homed through our platforms through reputable institutions.
- We do not have a service level agreement on post approvals your post will be approved as and when moderators are available.
- Before taking to social media and slandering/naming and shaming a business. Please can we ask that you reach out to the business first to try and resolve the matter.
- License plate numbers and peoples faces should be blurred out when posting to the group.
- We do not allow posts or comments that are otherwise objectionable in the absolute discretion of UPMRKT t/a Blue Heart Communities.
Advertising of Groups:
Competitions run by the BHC Team:
- You can only win once every six months
- Winners are selected at random using a random picking tool
- Please ensure you email to claim your prize within one week of the announcement to qualify for your prize.
- Prizes that are not claimed within one week of the announcement will be reallocated.
- T’s and C’s apply to the individual competition as stated by the host of the competition.
- All members should know at least 1 current member on the group and have been on Facebook for a minimum of 1 year. This rule is in place to protect our members against fraudsters and internet predators.
- Thank you to all members for getting involved in this community page and we welcome any input to make improvements.
- Please note that by requesting to join the Blue Heart Communities group you are accepting responsibility over your comments made on the group.
- We do not allow company Facebook pages or profiles as members. These groups are for residents and real people. Companies will need to market themselves through a personal profile.
Sale of Second Hand Goods
- State the collection area.
- Include the price/prices in your post or on the actual images.
- If you have more than one item to sell, please include all images into one post and not multiple individual posts.