Tips & Tricks
How do I get the best Mileage Out of my listing?
Content is Crucial
1. Avoid“text heavy” images. Rather post the text above the image
2. Avoid including links in your posts as this tends to drop your reach, rather post link in comments.
3. Choose images that are relatable to people… Pictures that are real and not over done.
4. Try not to overload the copy on your ad. Less to read can be better.
5. Keep. It. Simple
- Don’t forget to include your Listing ID when posting to the group. You would have received your listing ID in your welcome email.
- Posting times are important! Think about the times you are wanting to post! We suggest early in the morning between 6-8am and in the evenings from 6-10pm. ALWAYS remember to use your business listing ID at the beginning of every post.
- Create a conversation: Ask questions that you feel will gain attention and create engagement… Example, if you are a caterer, post something like this: Is anyone getting married soon? I have a beautiful menu for you to look at… Let me know if you are interested in taking a look….(this should spike interest among various people) ALWAYS remember to use your business listing ID at the beginning of every post!
- Share Your Business Listing: Your listing is a clean and detailed page that holds all your information and can be updated by you as and when you like. Copy and post the link to the group and ALWAYS remember to use your business listing ID at the beginning of every post!
- Promote Specials: Whatever specials you have, always share these to the group! People love being able to save on anything, even if they don’t need it! ALWAYS remember to use your business listing ID at the beginning of every post!
- Do you have an event? Post in our whats on calendar! This will be featured in our weekly Whats On News Letter! Share it to the group and ALWAYS remember to use your business listing ID at the beginning of every post!
- Are you using your Listing ID Number correctly? By using your Listing ID correctly this will improve your post approval time.
- Incorrect formats:
- Verified #BHC1234
- #BHC verified
- Correct format:
#BHC12345[Your Company Name] is having a summer sale! 20% off all items!
[Image – Optional]
- Is There Anything New In Your Business? Have you moved office or changed your number? Do you have any new products or offerings? Update your business listing details and photo gallery and keep your information current! Share your listing page to the group and ALWAYS remember to use your business listing ID at the beginning of every post!
- Your business Rating Matters! Get your customers to write a review of your business on your listing! This gives new customers confidence in your business and a reason to pick YOU! Rating is also displayed on Google search results.
- Get People's attention! When submitting a post to the group, we suggest using lifestyle images as oppose to generic stock images… The more“real” the image, the more attention it will get! Take your own pictures and include them in your ad! ALWAYS remember to use your business listing ID at the beginning of every post!
- Don't Miss Out On People Looking For Your Business! Get onto the group an search your business category. Example: You are a plumber so search plumbing/plumber and check if anyone is looking for this service. You can then either tag your business Facebook page or paste your business listing link in the comments!
- Make Sure Your Business Comes To Mind First! It is important to always mention the name of your business when posting to the group! This way, people will begin to recognise your business name and remember you when looking for a service! ALWAYS remember to use your business listing ID at the beginning of every post!
- Become A Top Contributor In Your Business Field! Become a top contributor in your business field or category. Example, If you are a hair dresser, ensure that your posts are unique, catchy and have a call to action! Make sure that anyone looking for a hairdresser wants to pick you! Engage in conversations, add some humour or useful information and get people to engage with you! ALWAYS remember to use your business listing ID at the beginning of every post!